Saturday, April 23, 2011

Good in Bed

Good in BedThen Came You: A Novel
Title:   Good in Bed
Author: Jennifer Weiner
Series: No but there is a sequel
Type of book: Romantic Humor, Drama
Why did I read it? Like the description when I came across the title
How did I read it?:  Kindle eReader
Level of captivity:   At about the forth chapter I felt the desire to stay with it until completed.
Scale of Fun
(1-5, 1=not so much,  5=so much fun I want more.)           3.9
Insomnia Scale
(1-5, 1=can stop reading and go to sleep at the proper bed time, 5=can’t sleep ‘til I am finished)                                                                             3.0
What I got from the book: The main character in this book, Cannie Shapiro (okay a really weird name), is a very real average woman and she has similar feelings and concerns that I suspect are real to all women at least in our culture. Even though the story takes place in the 90s her thoughts and feelings and reactions to her events are as real now as they might have been then. I laughed and cried with Cannie as she told her story. As is my favorite type of narrative, this is written in first person from Cannie’s view. It is easy to read as her story unfolds through her eyes and as a woman, it’s easy to feel like you are in her shoes. At the end there is an interview with the author and it is worth the time to read as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment