Friday, April 22, 2011

I, Spy?, Ugley Business, A is for Apple and Still Waters

Title:   I, Spy? And three more Sophie Green Mysteries
Author: Kate Johnson
Series: There are four and a short prequel
Type of book: Mystery, Romance
Why did I read it? Fell into the genre for a bit and found the books in a Kindle store search. Author was compared and rightfully so to Evanovich.
How did I read it?:  Kindle eReader
Level of captivity: I read all of them back to back. Would love to read more of the series but Johnson did not really leave it hanging much in the fourth novel. The very first chapter pulls you in with action.
Scale of Fun
(1-5, 1=not so much, 5=so much fun I want more.)            4.7
Insomnia Scale
(1-5, 1=can stop reading and go to sleep at the proper bed time, 5=can’t sleep ‘til I am finished)                                                                             4.0
What I got from the book: Sophie Green is accidentally pulled into a new job by a delightfully handsome fellow when she stumbles on his spy activity. In first person, we get inside of Sophie’s head as she figures out the spy game and how to balance every other aspect of her life. Homage is paid to other favored characters in other books I have read and to a beloved 90s TV series throughout all four books. This is most definitely a delightful and humorous series of British spy stories with a female spy as the star. ‘Ugley Business’, ‘A is for Apple’, and ‘Still Waters’ are the titles that round out this series of books.
Ugley Business (Sophie Green Mysteries, No. 2)Still Waters (Sophie Green Mysteries, No. 4)I, Spy? (Sophie Green Mysteries, No. 1)A is for Apple (Sophie Green Mysteries, No. 3)The Twelve Lies of Christmas (Sophie Green Prequel)

No comments:

Post a Comment