Sunday, April 17, 2011

Zombie Fallout series

Title:   Zombie Fallout I, II, and III
Author: Mark Tufo and et.al.
Series: First, second and third in the series
Type of book: Zombie Horror
Why did I read it?  Wanted to read some of this genre when I became enamored with AMC’s The Walking Dead series on TV last winter
How did I read it:  On my Kindle.
Level of captivity: Immediately grabbed my interest right from the start and I read each installment straight through wanting more at the end.
Scale of Fun (1-5 1=not so much, 5=so much fun I want more.)       4.1
What I got from these books: So now that you know I do not only read chic books (or Chic Lit as I was recently informed) here is my take on this set of zombie novels. As I seem to find in this genre, first person is the format of storytelling this author uses. And it happens to be my favorite so that is a plus when I am reading. Our storyteller here is a father of two teen sons and a twenty something daughter along with a very patient and long suffering wife that now has come to appreciate many of his quirks as they now are what is keeping them and their friends alive. He has a beloved bulldog named Henry that he actively protects as much as he protects the rest of his family. Along the way he picks up other characters with unusual quirks and a very potent enemy. As the story develops through the three novels it is clear he has much to battle to get his family safe. At the end of the last installment titled ‘The End’ it clearly is not and I cannot wait to read what comes next. So Mr. Tufo if you seeing this know I want more.

2 comments:

  1. More is coming! ZF4 is roughly a third done. Thank you for your awesome blog and taking the time to let folks know what you thought of the series. Henry says HI.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for leaving a message on my blog Mr Tufo. Hey back atcha Henry!

    ReplyDelete